Thursday, August 9, 2012

Photoblog 1

Traveling up to Alaska via the Alaska highway is where I have seen most of the wildlife and scenery from this trip. This blog will mostly dedicated to photography. But, a short little update on my life here. So I am in Fairbanks and I will be here for a while. I got a job working construction. I decided to try and find some part time work or odd jobs along the way to help sustain my travels and well, I got a full time job instead. Oops?
So I drove up the Alaska highway, got into Alaska and spent my first night camping outside Tok (sounds like toke). Next morning, wednesday, the 1st, I drove to Fairbanks and camped at a hostel in town. The following day I started looking for some work and things to do. Well, I accomplished both. The next morning I was headed to Denali National Park for some backcountry camping and starting my new job Monday. So I spent three days in Denali camping, I was surprised that Denali has no real trails to hike and camp upon. Backcountry camping involves checking in at the back country office, picking a section on a map and heading out. There are no trails, no campsites, no facilities, just adventure. Quite an experience.
Outside Tok, AK

Black Bear Cub, AK Highway, Yukon

Dall Sheep, Denali National Park

Fireweed, Denali National Park

Fireweed on riverbank

Canadian Lynx

Campsite night two, Denali National Park

Campsite night two, Denali National Park

Canadian Lake near Alaska Border 

Kulane National Park, Canada

Unknown Flowers, Denali National Park
Baby mountain goat!

Wood Buffalo

Mountain Goats

Moose 

No comments:

Post a Comment