Sunday, September 2, 2007

Adding stamps to my passport

Sorry for not posting in a while I have been occupied with more kids than you could ever imagine. There are my cousins, their cousins and then their friends, over 20 of them under the age of 11. The worst part about it, they always come and pick on me. My welcome to Pohnpei was a game of trying to tie up Wren. It was great fun but then when they start to fight and cry it was a little less fun. Well there is a lot more that has happened and I was quite busy in Pohnpei and that's why I only updated this once. I am now in Guam after a not so good arrival. First of all we were on a plane that landed at 4am, and that's after one time zone change. Well that part is not all that bad, but once we get through immigration and whatnot we were suppose to have a hotel shuttle there. Well they weren't there, so once we got a shuttle there we found out there are two Days Inns and we did not know which one we had our reservation at. Well we get to our hotel and "your conformation code is the right sequence but we don't have a record of it." So we got the last available room which was only one bed and smoking which was not what we were supposed to have. So you know your a redneck if you sleep with your cousin. Anyways that is not it. The power in the room does not come on unless you put your door key in some little slot and we had no idea we had to do that. The lady was supposed to bring extra pillows and stuff, guess what, she never did. Oh and checking out to be nice they decided they would give us the cost of the one bed room instead of the two bed room which we were never in. I am back in the Guam airport writing this after our short layover on our way to Palau. Well other than travel annoyances I had a great time in Pohnpei. I like to call it the island of big leaves. It is the rainiest place on the earth and everywhere you look there are huge green plants with very large leaves. I suppose my biggest accomplishment so far over this trip has been in Pohnpei. I have become certified to scuba dive and it is amazing. The ability to just float and swim with fish underwater and see things you otherwise never could is so cool. You just feel so free underwater and everything just looks so different. Its fun blow water rings, like a smoke ring and watch them float to the surface. All of these pictures which I have posted came from our refugee relocation trip to Sand Island. (Actually we just went for fun.) Oh, and if the boat looks crowded there are 8 more people on the boat up on the bow including me where I was taking the picture. The island is located way out on the barrier reef which goes around Pohnpei. On our trip out to the island we were able to see sting rays flying through the water. As we were traveling out to the island we were able to see two stingrays flying through the water, really cool to see. The two little girls are Keavae on the left and Nicole on the right which are both 2 years old. I am not sure how much access to Internet I will have in Palau but there are a few things of interest I there. I hope to do dive there if I can along with see monkeys which are native to that island along with swimming with jellyfish. I have told they eat bat along with the intestines of sea cucumbers, both sound very disgusting but Vansana insists that I try everything. As I look out the window here in the airport of Guam I see another rainbow. This makes my record for seeing rainbows in Guam 5 for 5, I have seen one every day I have been here. Time to hit the road again, or the air for that matter. Palau here I come.

No comments:

Post a Comment