Wednesday, August 29, 2007

super duper

Lots of very very interesting things have happened in the last few hours. Saw a pwa pwa pwe pwe, a happy (pwa pwa) sea turtle (pwe pwe). This was a huge turtle being like 2-3 feet in diameter. It dove under as soon as our boat got close but it was a great thing to catch a sight of. Next we saw a waterspout. First ever waterspout for me and the third time my uncle had ever seen one. That was a really cool sight, seeing this skinny looking tornado worming its way through the sky. Then we watched the sunset followed by the lunar eclipse last night out on a sandbar with a perfect cloudless view. First time for me that I can remember, it was quite a sight. The whole lagoon was lit up from the full moon and then (an hour later) the lagoon was dark and you couldn't even tell the moon was out. Followed by some more fresh fish and a cold shower. This morning I flew into Pohnpei and still haven't seen all 9 of my little cousins yet. Pohnpei is very pretty and very green. Not as third world as Chuuk but there are similar things. The airports are similar where you walk across the runway and baggage claim is a guy pulling bags off a cart, none of those automated machine things here. Manual labor baby, people here are tough (that's why I'm here). So I'm sitting here in the Nature Conservancy Office here in Pohnpei and it just feels like home. I'm near some somewhat hippie coffee drinking nature loving adventuresome down to earth people. Anyways, life in Micronesia must continue. Bye.

5 comments:

  1. You rock, Wrenbo! The adventures just keep on rolling for you. . !What an awesome lunar photo.
    Hug all the Pohnepai cousins for me. Marvin misses you but he likes reading your blog.
    xox, yo ma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gets better all the time, both the pics and the events! Tom enjoys them with me. Thanks again for sharing so well. Lots of good wishes! MeMa

    ReplyDelete
  3. Water Buffalo :) I heart your pictures! Im glad your'e having fun! Although that was a given! Nice adjectives...Oh and what was that about being tough? Haha...Have a great day in Pohnpei! Miss ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keep watching for more of your wonderful reports ! Your Mom will be with me on Labor Day. Your Aunt Chris starts her new job in Atlanta
    on Tues. 9/4. She is there now. Whats next for you ?? Love You,MeMa

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting to hear from you again and see more pictures. It's fun following your travels.
    Hurry back to the blogsite.
    Ben wants to know if your are out of money yet.
    Love, Carol

    ReplyDelete