Sunday, October 7, 2007

Kaselehlia

Although my trip is coming to a close my experiences by far are not. This past weekend I had a great time doing many different things. It started out with a dive at a place called Palikir Rendezvous which had the clearest water I have ever swam in. You could easily see the bottom at 35 feet. The spot was just on the outer side of the reef right before where the waves were. Being so close to the waves was neat because the movement of the waves would rock us back an forth just slightly. I was surprised that there was still that movement 20-30 feet below surface. After that we made our way to the island of Nalap. Nalap is a small resort like island where people go for the day and there are a few little huts where people may spend the weekend. We ate lunch then went out on the boat to have a try a water skiing. First i took a fall on my face, then on my back and then I balanced out my falls and stood up. I was surprised I got up so quickly but it was amazing. I think the ability to snow ski helped me out in this situation. I was able to stand up and stay up every other time I tried as well. Yesterday I had fun trying to to take some pictures driving around the small island of Sokehs trying to get some pictures of Sokehs rock. I have not yet hiked up it but that is on my list of things to do before I leave. It was nice driving around and exploring new places and even having to throw the truck in 4 wheel drive. There are so many nice things about this tropical rain forest but I miss home and I have decided not to extend my trip again. I know I will miss it a lot and the people as well. Thats okay because I can still come back some other time.

5 comments:

  1. Wren your pictures are always stunning...and I cant wait for you to come home =) Im glad youre having an awesome time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good going !! Happy to know that you will soon be back in NC. Have much fun on your Birthday.
    Just don't get swept out to Sea ! I'll be waiting to celebrete # 18 with you !
    Sending "Waves" of love , Mema

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you have a great 18th birthday on the 18th. Also awesome pictures! I wish I was that good.
    -Jameson

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAPPY 18th BIRTHDAY WREN!

    ReplyDelete