Friday, October 19, 2007

Attempt 2

So I pre-wrote my blog entry in word then moved it onto the website and began to put the pictures in and then I closed the window. In the meantime I deleted the original document. Anyways I have safely arrived back in Chuuk about 24 hours ago. I said good bye to Mae on the airplane as she was continuing to Guam then Australia then eventually PNG. As for everyone else I said goodbye to them at the airport while I felt like I was going to cry. I was leaving this huge family who I have done everything with for the past six weeks. I think they even got me sick because I am not feeling the greatest right now. I told them I would return and who knows maybe Ill jump on the flight Sunday and go back. I miss Pohnpei and all the people there very much. Since my past post I have done quite a bunch. I went diving and water skiing again and had a blast with both. I hiked up Sokehs ridge one day with and saw some of the huge guns from WWII and there is the roof of a cell phone tower building you can get on and see the rock from. A great view of part of the island and a nice
short hike as well. The day before I left I went on a bike ride around the small island of Sokehs. It was a good ride except for the dogs that would chase after us and try and bite our feet. As apart of that journey we hiked/climbed up sokehs rock. A very difficult climb where you have to balance on tree roots and use your hands quite a bit. Once you get to the rock there is a pipe which holds old electrical lines for a small tower on top of the mountain. You must use this pipe which is bolted to the rock to assist in climbing the mountain. From the top it is an awesome view of the island and of the ocean with pineapples growing wild too. That evening there was a party to celebrate my last night in Pohnpei. It was a great last day before I had to leave. Now I am here in Chuuk and its so quiet. I have one little cousin here, Morgan but not 9 plus all of their cousins. While I am here in Chuuk I am going to try and get a dive or two in. This is the worlds premier wreck diving location with I believe 40 some wrecks inside the Lagoon. If it is possible I am going to try and dive with the Odyssey which is considered the worlds best live-aboard dive boat. Anyways, so long from Chuuk and Pohnpei I miss you.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Wren,
    I hope you had a fun on your last day in Pohnpei!! Happy late birthday hope you had a great one! I asume you you have some cool suvanears you brought home with you that you can share with us. Can't wait to to see you again and see you other pictures and here about other cool things you did! I guess I will see you at at my house when we celabrate yours, Jameson's, Benny's, and Mi-mi's birthday. Are you riding on first class on your way back? Well I have to go now see you later!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So, to answer your toilet question from a previous blog entry the direction of witch the water spins had nothing to do with the hemisphere you are in, aka the Coriolis effect; which is the spinning of the earth that determines which way hurricanes and tornadoes spin. It mainly has to do with the way the water is directed to come out of the underside of the rim of the toilet once you flush it. This is all true according to my science teacher who is a meteorologists.
    - Jameson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome Home Wren!!

    ReplyDelete