Tuesday, November 6, 2007

another journey

Well if you don't know yet I am safely back in the United States as of a little over a week. My first realization when I stepped out of RDU was "it's cold." My body had gotten used to those island temperatures and wearing zorries every day no more old man winter is here. I feel that I have gotten used to the temperatures once again and am glad to be here as well. I miss fish though. So one of the first things I did once I got back was I went to the grocery store. It was insane, there it was, everything you could ever eat except for weird things like shrimp crackers, and stuff with Asian writing on it. Basically mystery food. Star apples or star fruit they are something like three dollars a piece. In Pohnpei there were two trees that I could walk outside and pick more than I could eat. And fish in Harris Teeter comes from the Philippines, Greenland, Alaska, South America. Only some of the shrimp and the trout are from North Carolina. Tuna is like three or four dollars a pound and out there on those islands its just about a dollar. I am getting tired so I am going to wrap this up. I'm going on another trip, I leave in about 6.5 hours. My dad and I are going to Minnesota, why FOR FUN. So I have a bag full of cameras and lenses and stuff like that. And warm socks, and ski pants, and a coat, and another coat, and two pairs of gloves. I hear its cold up there. Weather online is looking in the 30's and low 40's. Thats for a high. Snow? I hope so. Palm trees? most likely not. So look for an update in a day or two. I am tired, goodnight. Oh, and here is a picture of Joe Dirt aka me on Halloween, enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment