Saturday, August 25, 2007

Cold Showers Feel Good

Yes, cold showers feel good and they are very nice and refreshing when its hot and humid. But then if you want hot water, there is none, so suck it up. Have you ever seen someone climb a coconut tree? Well, it is quite a sight. To see someone climb up barefooted, stand in the very top of the tree and kick down coconuts. Then take your handy machete and cut it open and drink out the juice. I drank my first coconut yesterday along with trying the meat. The only way to get it fresher was if one drank it while sitting in the tree. I didn't think it was all that great just because I don't really like the taste of coconuts. Other than finishing Life of Pi, (yes mom I have been reading) and beginning to read the first Harry Potter book I have been working on getting a Hobie cat ready to sail. There are a couple sitting around along with some other boats falling apart and I said to my uncle, "I'll fix up a boat, and you teach me how to sail it." Sure thing maybe today it will be ready to take out on the water. I went out on one of the fuel boats to deliver fuel to The Odyssey. It is a live-aboard dive boat which people stay for a week and dive 3-5 times a day. They dive many of the sunken ships here in the lagoon. Here in the lagoon there are around 50 sunken ships and a submarine along with at least one bomber. The lagoon was a very large Japanese base during WWII and the Truk Lagoon has been called the Japanese Pearl Harbor. Anyways, I was given a tour of the dive boat, quite a nice boat and a great way to see the wrecks if you are into diving. Here is another better picture of Morgan, her birthday is this Friday the 31st and she will be turning three years old. I don't know what it is but she will not smile for a picture. I finally got a picture with her showing some teeth so here it is. This other picture is from the beach at my uncles beach property here on Weno. You can see some of the other island in the background across part of the lagoon.

1 comment:

  1. Another Great report! Cold showers and fresh coanut milk remind me of the time your Baba and I were in Africa. Morgan is a cutie ! Does she talk a lot to you ? Your aunt Chris left Foutain Hills Sat.to drive to Atlanta, making several stops along the way.She expects to arrive Thurs.and begin her new job on Sept.4th. Have a great week and fun with your new boat! Much love,
    Me Ma

    ReplyDelete