Tuesday, August 21, 2007

It is very fishy here.



If you have not figured from my previous posts people here like to eat fish. I enjoyed a new kind of fish last night, parrot fish. The parrot fish is a reef fish and has a different, softer kind of meat. There are so many kinds of fish and they are everywhere. Tiny ones and large ones too and they come in every color. We went snorkeling yesterday and saw many fish and interesting corals some very large and interesting. The water was not as clear as in the bay in Guam but it was still amazing. We went out into some deeper water yesterday maybe 20 feet but there did not seem to be as many fish as in Guam. At Tumon Bay the waters are protected from fishing and that probably made a big difference with the amounts of fish we saw. Other than all the exciting news about fish I talked to my cousin, May about my plans when I go to Phonpei. It sounds like loads of fun. I'm goign to go explore more of Chuuk today and hopefully bring back some good pictures, if it does to begin to rain again. As for what I have explored so far it is very different from the US. I was expecting it to be 3rd world to Guam after Guam was 3rd world to the US. It was true. Here you are whelthy to have a car or eletricity or clean and running water. I saw a sign for a highschool which looked like it had been sitting for years, broken windows, grass grown up, in very poor condition. I asked if that was the old highschool. Nope, thats what they still use.

No comments:

Post a Comment