Sunday, July 22, 2012

The real last night in Boone

Ryan and the Venison
Ryan Puckett is manning the grill at the moment. We have no bacon wrapped- cream cheese filled jalapeno peppers, nor bacon burgers with gouda nor grilled pizza, all previous endeavors. Tonight we are making venison burgers and back strap as well. You know, just cleaning out the fridge and the freezer. Such intricate foods I leave frozen all year.
I have said it was my last night in Boone before but I guess I was not telling the whole truth. So tonight, will actually my last night in Boone, at least for a long while. I will be turning in my apartment keys in the morning and headed out of North Carolina. That is, well, if everything turns out right. As I was headed to Wilmington I realized my cars registration is good through the end of the month, so something else on the list of things to get done tomorrow. After heading out of town I plan to head to Indianapolis and then plan to be in Minneapolis tuesday evening.
The Gang on the Bench, Jessica, Mike, Me, Ben Nikki



Wrapping up the last few days was a wonderful closure to North Carolina and an excellent beginning to this trip to come. Wilmington was absolutely wonderful, beach time, surf time, great food and great times. $1 island tacos, Flaming Amy's Burrito, Flaming Amy's Bowl and Vito's Pizza and some 'Eggs Neptune' from Causeway Cafe in Wrightsville. An interesting breakdown of eggs benedict with fresh tomato and blue crab instead of canadian bacon. Friday night we had a round of sunset croquet in the neighborhood park, South Channel Park.  The next morning, right before leaving I decided to hit the beach one last time. I went out with Ben where he suggested we take a slightly different route to the beach from what I was used to, swim across the channel, so we did and I can mark that off of things I have done.
Last goodbye with my dad
My grandma Mema, Marvin-
my dog, Aunt Chris, Tom and I

Ben showing Jessica
how you REALLY play
I got back to Raleigh, packed the car, thought around thirty seven times of what it was that I was forgetting or not, said goodbye to the folks and was off. I did not make it too far until I made my first stop, REI in Durham. I kept thinking about buying something recently and when the exit for South Point mall arrived I thought, why not. I bought myself a GoPro HD Hero 2. Its a pocket sized video camera with waterproof case, a slew of mounting clips, wide angle lens and tears. Tears which it constantly crys, screaming for more adventure. So be ready for some videos from the trip as well! I stopped again in Winston Salem to say goodbyes to my grandma who whipped up some mean pizza sandwiches and also to my aunt Chris who stopped by as well.
It still has not hit me that I will be around 4,000 miles away in about a week, maybe once I cross out of North Carolina tomorrow morning I will begin to feel the unknown of the roads, leading to the places which I am yet to discover. See ya' later NC!

No comments:

Post a Comment